While we're still enjoying summertime, it is not too early to look ahead to the end of the year. Most dental insurance and flex spending benefits run on a calendar year. These are typically "use it or lose it" benefits. Often by scheduling now you'll maximize your benefits while also reducing your out of pocket expense. We are expanding our office hours to accommodate the typical end of the year rush. Give us a call soon to schedule the checkup, crown or a filling you may need.
What have you been up to this summer?? Send us a picture of one of your best vacation moments (preferably showing off your terrific smile!) You could be featured on our Facebook page AND win a gift card to Rita's Water Ice! Send your pictures to Smiles@eunsondental.com before August 22nd to enter!
If your smile isn't as bright as you'd like, there's still time to opt for $159 Take Home Whitening summer special! That's a $40 savings through the end of August. Do you have an upcoming wedding, job interview or social gathering? Click here to learn more: http://www.eunsondental.com/current-promotions.html
Remember to follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with all our dental tips and promotions:Facebook.com/EunsonDental
Have a wonderful rest of the summer! We look forward to seeing you soon!
We wish everyone a safe and fun Independence Day! We're also sending a very special thank you to all the veterans and those currently serving to help protect the freedoms we enjoy everyday!
While this is a day you probably know well and one that you anticipate with pleasure, there are probably a lot of fun facts about the nation's birthday that you aren't familiar with. So, as you wait for barbecues, fireworks and unabashed noshing on hot dogs, scroll down for 17 interesting facts about July 4. Who knows? You may even pick up a tidbit or two to share with your pals around the grill on the big day.
The office is closed for the holiday but will reopen on Monday, July 7th. Just a reminder: Dr. Eunson will be out of the office from July 12-July 21. During this time, the office will be open for calls Monday through Friday from 9am-1pm.
Dr. Eunson was once again chosen as Main Line Today’s Top Dentist. She is thrilled to receive such an honor and thanks all her patients for helping the practice grow into what it is today!
Are you following us on Facebook yet? Make sure to like our page to stay up to date with all office happenings, get dental tips and have the chance to enter in contests.
Fun Facts ... Did you know?
• The Fourth of July was not declared a national holiday until 1941.
• Malia Obama, George Steinbrenner, Neil Simon, Ron Kovic and Calvin Coolidge were all born on the Fourth of July.
• These events occurred on the Fourth of July: Henry David Thoreau moved into his shack on Walden Pond (1845); the U.S. air offensive against Nazi, Germany, began (1942); Beach Boys' "I Get Around" reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts (1964); Lyndon Johnson signed the Freedom of Information Act (1966).
• The stars on the original American flag were in a circle so all the Colonies would appear equal.
• Benjamin Franklin proposed the turkey as the national bird but was overruled by John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, who wanted the bald eagle.
• The musical "1776" premiered on Broadway in 1969 and ran for 1,217 performances. The production won three Tony Awards, including one for best musical.
• The number of Americans who will spend the holiday at other people's homes is approximately 41 million.
• The first official Fourth of July party was held at the White House in 1801.
• Approximately 150 million hot dogs are consumed on this day.
• The town of Patriot, Ind., has a population of 202 people.
• Presidents John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe all died on the Fourth. Adams and Jefferson died on the same day within hours of each other in 1826.
• The percentage of American homes with an outdoor grill is 87 percent.
• The song "Yankee Doodle" was sung originally by British officers making fun of backwoods Americans.
• The amount of chicken purchased the week before the holiday is 700 million pounds.
• The Declaration of Independence was signed by 56 men from 13 colonies.
• In 1776, there were 2.5 million people living in the new nation. (Today there are 311 million.)
• There are more than 30 towns nationwide that have the word "Liberty" in their name